Ocean has extensive experience in delivering online and face-to-face education on all aspects of:
- openEHR clinical modelling;
- openEHR architecture and technical specifications;
- clinical knowledge governance; and
- building openEHR clinical systems.
Ocean has a catalogue of seminars, training courses and workshops on a variety of topics, which can be combined and customised to meet customer requirements.
Our training courses are typically conducted by one or two clinical informaticians and/or software engineers – each with years of practical experience and international insight into their field of expertise. All courses are designed to give participants an active understanding of a set of topics or issues and to be immediately able to apply what they have learned within their organisation.
We have provided training to all regions of the world, including;
- United Kingdom
Experience has shown that the exposure of technical staff to the complexities and style of thinking of the clinical domain, and of clinicians to the realities of engineering and software, is of benefit to the customer, and can help bridge the divide between 'the doctors' and 'the IT department'.
Customised training can be developed on request.
'Introduction to openEHR' Seminar
- Single day seminar – suitable for all clinicians, vendors, decision-makers and policy-makers - essentially anyone interested in standardisation of health data specifications. No prior knowledge is required. Topics include:
- What is openEHR?
- Introduction to openEHR clinical modelling
- Clinical modelling tooling demonstration
- Clinical Knowledge Manager
- Archetype Editor
- Template Designer
- How to review an archetype
- Clinical Knowledge governance
- Archetypes and terminology
- International perspective on openEHR - where and how is it being implemented
- 1-2 day ‘Introduction to Clinical Modelling’ hands-on workshop - for those who wish to establish basic skills in archetype modelling and tool proficiency. Suitable for clinicians, informaticians and technologists who will be practically involved in the development of archetypes and templates, implementation and governance, including reviewing of archetypes. Includes basic instruction on use of the Ocean Archetype Editor, Ocean Template Designer and reviewing archetypes in the Clinical Knowledge Manager. No prior knowledge is required. Maximum 40 people.
- 1-2 day Advanced Clinical Modelling workshop – suitable for those who have completed the ‘Introduction to Clinical Modelling’ workshop and wish to consolidate and extend skills acquired in the Introductory workshop. Includes advanced instruction on use of the Ocean Archetype Editor and the Ocean Template Designer. Maximum 8-10 people.
- 1 day Clinical Knowledge Governance workshop - suitable for those who have an Editorial or Administrative role in a Clinical Knowledge Manager instance. Maximum 8-10 people.
- 1-2 day ‘Technical Introduction’ workshop – for those who wish to establish a basic understanding about the technical aspects of the openEHR architecture and reference model. Suitable for software engineers and computer scientists who will be practically involved in implementation of openEHR clinical systems. No prior knowledge is required. Maximum 40 people.
- 1-2 day Advanced Technical workshop – suitable for those who have completed the ‘Technical Introduction’ workshop and wish to consolidate and extend skills through examples and demonstration of the OceanEHR platform and experience of the Ocean technical team.
On demand, online training modules are currently in development:
- Introduction to openEHR
- Developing a business case for openEHR
- Clinical Modelling
- Use of terminology with openEHR
- Clinical Knowledge Governance
- Building openEHR clinical systems