Multiprac is Ocean’s Infection management solution that encompasses all areas of an infection management program, including:
- integration with relevant master databases
- identification of events of interest for the IC team
- structured surveillance with automated reporting
- program management tools
Multiprac provides continuous, automated monitoring of Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI’s), and renders this data to assist in identifying adverse trends, informing improvement initiatives and assessing effectiveness of interventions - all in an efficient, timely manner. Multiprac includes a standards-compliant Patient Health Record, which enables both a patient-centric view and an activity view across multiple patients. This unique proactive approach allows you to enhance surveillance beyond the typical high-risk intensive care population.
Surveillance of Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) is an essential component of any effective infection prevention program. Multiprac features standardised surveillance protocols for healthcare associated and community acquired infections, including:
- Surgical site surveillance
- Bloods stream infections
- Significant organisms
- Contact trace and outbreak management
- Occupational exposures
- The use of international standard definitions and terminologies
- A customisable rules engine to identify and notify events relevant to your individual Infection Management program
- Targeted or continuous surveillance of nominated procedures including risk stratification and automated follow-up options
- Monitoring and documentation of exposures to blood and body fluids as well as other infectious diseases with Post exposure follow-up options
- Automated tracing of contacts via your PAS with facilities for outbreak management
Automated Reporting, including:
- Denominator options for patient and device days
- Analysis including incidence, prevalence and continuous analysis using process control charts
- Ad hoc reporting can be done using modern reporting tools.
There are many ways that an integrated system provides benefits to the user, including time-saving, automatic data updates and accuracy of data. From an epidemiological perspective, this effective integration ensures that data is accurate and as complete as possible, without the risks typically associated with manual data entry.
Multiprac’s notification system is driven by business rules that are configurable on a health authority, area or single facility basis. Notifications may be delivered and presented to the ICP through the system but also through other forms of messaging, such as via email. Automated examination and processing of pathology, ADT and other data feeds, frees the ICP to devote more time to prevention activities and spend less time on surveillance - and its associated activities.
Multiprac enables a holistic approach to the investigation of patients, staff and facility-wide issues relating to infection prevention.
Surveillance workflow starts with the incoming notifications, which are prioritised, filtered by facility and presented to the team. Based on all available information, the notification is evaluated to determine its significance and a patient-centric investigation is generated. Pre-definable infection control activities are automatically scheduled. Multiprac offers a range of customisable templates for planning and documenting activities around the surveillance events - designed to suit your facility needs.
Switching between views allows the user to customise their workload by looking at the person (in the form of a care plan) or activity (task-based), depending on the task at hand.
Reference data is configurable, and allows the incorporation of standard terminology items from terminologies, such as SNOMED CT and ICD10. Individual existing reference data sets can be imported and modified on an enterprise-wide or facility basis.
The mobile capabilities of the system allow the ICP the freedom to be seen in the wards whilst finalising surveillance activities, rather than being tethered to a desk.
Once all activities are finalised, the investigation is closed and reporting of relevant data may commence. Reporting includes:
- Basic line listings of all data
- Calculation of risk stratified infection rates
- Calculation of confidence and control limits
- Follow-up lists and letters
- Control charts including CUSUM, Shewhart, EWMA
- Access to all data to be manipulated using standard reporting tools
Multiprac allows a focus on outcomes by providing real time data for evidence-based policy development. This timely approach to data collection and management enables instant recognition of issues.
Multiprac provides the flexibility to allow facility-specific configuration, whilst maintaining national and international terminologies and allowing reporting at local and national levels - and anything in between.
Multiprac includes a standard-compliant Patient Health Record, which enables both a patient-centric view and an activity view across multiple patients. The platform implements the latest standards-based Detailed Clinical Models technology, which allows clinicians to agree on the information they wish to store - independent of any software developers. It’s an important benefit that puts the clinicians in control.
The other advantages of using a standards-based health record are:
- Substantial reduction in development cost and risk, which is passed on to the end users
- Clinical decision support is enhanced
- Value can be focused on the Infection Control aspects of the software
- Open definition of clinical information enabling migration to future systems
- Simple integration of other patient clinical information
- Standardised exchange of information between systems
Multiprac is available in two configurations:
- Stand-alone; this configuration is aimed at smaller facilities. It relies on the Infection Control Practitioner directly for entry of information that is normally available from the facility information feeds. It is aimed at single facilities, where the connection to automated information feeds is not possible. The stand-alone configuration is compatible with the scalable enterprise solution and can be incorporated or expanded at any time.
- Enterprise Wide Integrated; this configuration is connected to the existing information feeds for the enterprise, with multiple facilities configurable. It is a scalable solution for organisations with multiple facilities wishing to connect to existing data feeds.
The enterprise configuration for Multiprac provides access to multiple facility functionality, with full access control on a per facility basis. It includes the integration and configuration of:
- Patient Administration admission, discharge and transfer messages
- Pathology Laboratory Reports for microbiology and serology
- Theatre Management Information
- Emergency Department Information
- Human Resource data
Apart from the configuration of automatic feed information, there are no functional differences between the two configurations.
All patient health record information gathered within the Multiprac system is stored using openEHR standards and is openly available for integration into future systems.